Sunday, March 3, 2013

Aren't I cute?

Sunday, the first one in March.  It came in like a lamb so what do you suppose the weather guys have in store for us at the end of this month.  
Boo, my computer has been in the shop for three day so I missed the last few days of the bias ladies. I really enjoyed all the entries to the bias ladies.  It is always a great treat to see how much imagination quilters have. I think that is the most anticipators I have seen on a blog swap.   
We have the most beautiful pair of red tailed hawks nesting in our back woods.  They don't seem to bother the birds but have nailed a couple of squirrels.  Our squirrels are well feed, always up on the back porch getting into the peanut suet holder.  We have two worthless Siamese cats who much rather catch bugs and worms than chase squirrels.  .  Ugh!
Last night I threw out some leftover scraps of ham and it wasn't but a few minutes before a fox was out cleaning them up.  I love it out here in the country.
Alas, soon we must think of moving on.  Both Bob and I don't seem to handle this big house and the outside work as easy as when we were in our seventies. Having been in the military and then working outside the states we never stayed in a place much longer than 4  or 5 years.    We have lived here 26 years.  There are lots of memories packed away in this house.  What does one do with it all. 

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to hearing about how you decide to pare down and move into smaller quarters. It's a big job but necessary. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dolls are so cute!! They have so much personality to them. It is hard to leave a place that you have lived and loved for so long.. especially i can imagine the seasonal changes and views in the garden and lovely neighbors and so many memories tied up here..

    ReplyDelete