Thursday, July 4, 2013

Still moving along but a bit slower.

Reporting in...hope you all had a happy fourth and good stuff to eat. 
I have been really one busy gal this past month.  Bob was in the hospital in May.  He is still one sick guy.  He goes tomorrow for an operation to remove a tumor from his bladder and then in two weeks a epidural for his back pain.  This is a guy 82 years old who has seldom ever had any medical problems.     I have been his care-taker so I have not had much time to call my own. Been trying to catch up on the doll quilt exchange and I no sooner start to sew when something comes up. 
Fortunately we can afford to have a house cleaning team come in every other week.  Then we also have another guy who comes and mows and trims the grass when it needs it.  I have tried to keep the vegetable garden up.  Boy you sure can tell the head gardener has not been in attendance. I ordered a new garden tool today.  I read about it in the N.Y.Times in a column about new gadgets for the handicapped.  A long handled shuffle hoe.  When I checked the garden this evening I thought, hmmm just what I need.  Look out weeds, here I come. 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about the surgery! I hope Bob is recovering well after the procedure! Wish him good health and speedy recovery. Your garden looks beautiful! Take care, Pamela!

    ReplyDelete