Friday, October 26, 2012

October 2012
 I was checking the turkey and cranberry prices today and Bob reminded me that this is the year we will be having Thanksgiving at the Browns new home over in the Shenandoah valley.  They are in the throes of moving this week.  In a way I envy them, a new place to live has always been such fun.  Then again I don't envy them.  We have lived here in Boston for 26 years and collected ten rooms of furniture, hundreds of nick-knacks, bookcases full and then all that fabric and sewing paraphernalia. Prior to that the US government has pretty well kept us from collecting to much.

Now that the girl has a couple of new guest beds I am going to get back to making a couple of quilts.  I have done very little sewing this past year.  Thank heavens it wasn't a complete burnout

3 comments:

  1. I've just had a "minute" holiday, staring into your header photo - what a glorious view. Honestly, I was lost in the wonderful colours and those beautiful mountains in the distance. Now I feel refreshed and ready to start cooking our dinner!:}
    I find making quilts for my family a great way to get my sewing juices flowing.....I love sewing for the little people in our family so I've always got another quilt planned most of the time:-)
    Have a lovely weekend,
    Cheers from Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a lovely picture. I hope you put some pictures up here of the quilts you create... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quilts! Hooray that you are making them again!

    ReplyDelete