Sunday, March 18, 2012

Spring whoopee!

This a picture of my front yard in Boston. It is a such a peaceful spot. Not a care in the world. The spring birds are calling for mates, flitting around busy filling their bird houses and building nests in the shrubs. What a beautiful time of year here in Virginia. Everything is coming into bloom it makes me wish I were still a youngster and could turn cartwheels down our front field.
The only real productive thing I have done since last spring was to loose 40 pounds...do I hear some hurrah's?
We enjoyed the first potato salad of the season, I made it with baked potatoes and it was quite tasty. Yesterday I made hot cross buns from a recipe that called for less butter, honey and whole wheat flour. It was a keeper. Usually that low-cal stuff is also low taste but these were much better than my old recipe

2 comments:

  1. Forty pounds? That's a LOT in just one season... congratulations and a few hurrah's thrown in for good measure! It's pretty easy to put pictures in your blog if you can get them onto your computer, that is. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hip hip hooray !! well done on the weight loss! Would you believe... Hot Cross Buns have been on the shelves at the Supermarket since Boxing Day??? We've already had two packs (little ones, 12 to a pack) so by Easter we won't feel like eating any!!!

    So glad to see you are still posting on your blog, your garden looks so beautiful! We have had lots of rain here and at last our yard is looking green and lush. Now of course we are heading into our Autumn/Winter - I'm hoping for a cold winter so I can sit by the fire and catch up on some quilting!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete