Saturday, March 23, 2013










I love birds so this project is right up my alley.  At this time of year in Virginia the birds are really full of  activity. We see quite a few returnees and some just stopping by on their way further north.  The bluebirds boxes have been tidied up.  Wren houses have been sprayed and dusted for mites. In one  Bob found the leavings of a mouse family that didn't make it through the winter. We've noticed the goldfinches have started to color up.  The bird feeder is full of blue jays but they will soon move deeper in the woods.  Seems like they don't want to have us looking and laughing at them when their molting.


3 comments:

  1. Lovely activity, watching the birds frolic in the springtime! I love it too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been watching birds all day, and setting everyone up for "It's for the Birds" Blog Hop. Can't wait to see what you will be working on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there neighbor! Well sorta.. I live in the North Georgia Mountains. I guess down the line from you! I too have been watching the birds and cannot wait to start the It's For the Birds Blog Hop... I have a couple of ideas planned. Have you got your project planned?
    Jan

    ReplyDelete