Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Out with the old and in with the new.

    Monday was a good day.  I sold some old gold bangles and with the proceeds bought an embroidery machine. It is waiting on my cutting table for me to start playing with.  I am not quite sure what to do but I am sure in time I will have it all figured out. 


Lisa's throw done with challenge patches from quilters from the Culpeper Guild many years ago.  

   I finished the border on Lisa's throw and have plans to machine quilt it myself.  I have never done a big piece like that, only wall hangings and such.  I would like to do something with the em. machine on it but a little apprehensive.  Lisa says whatever I do she knows will be great.  Aren't daughters the most wonderful.
  Saturday we at last had an opportunity to stop in the new fabric shop in our town.  I was really impressed.It does not carry any quilting fabric  but what gorgeous dress material they carry.  We fell in love with one piece of green plaid cashmere...$100 a yard.  Going to have to sell more gold if I want that.  They had some viyalla that was just beautiful.  I bought some yardage of that years ago in England. It is hanging with my never to cut fabric.  I did splurge on a nice border print, African animals on the bottom that would make a nice bag of some sort or maybe a shirt, baggy pants?
Crocus and daffodils starting to show.  The Lenten Roses have buds they are really showy. Snow called for tomorrow.
    



1 comment:

  1. I had an embroidery machine for a long time Pamela and loved using it. I don't have it now, just didn't have time for embroidery and quilting both, but I know I took some classes at the local shop where I bought it and that was so helpful to me! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete